Robert Half Finance & Accounting Staff Accountant in Atlanta, Georgia
STAFF ACCOUNTANT - Treasury and General Ledger My client, a hospitality company located in the South Buckhead area, is seeking a Staff Accountant to join their team for an immediate, direct-hire opportunity. The Staff Accountant will be responsible for maintaining and controlling the General Ledger and business transactions of the company while adhering to GAAP. The Staff Accountant will also be accountable for analytical work and a thorough review of financial records. The Staff Accountant will be responsible for the cash receipts process and ensure that cash and credit card receipts are recorded properly and on a timely basis. The Staff Accountant will follow up with individual company locations to ensure cash reporting is submitted to the bank and accounted for correctly through daily bank account monitoring. . The Staff Accountant will report to the Accounting Manager and be integral in company operations. POSITION DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Daily store deposit verification, reporting and analysis
- Bank reconciliations for 50+ accounts
- ACH accounting and reconciliation
- Assure Cash, Credit Cards, Checks, Airline Vouchers, and Military Checks are properly recorded on a timely basis
- Maintain proper internal controls designed to prevent unauthorized access to cash before and after it has been credited to our bank accounts
- Monitor and collect data to assess accuracy and integrity
- Analyze data
- Ensure compliance with applicable standards, rules, regulations and systems of internal controls
- Interpret and evaluate results and prepare documentation
- Create financial reports and/or presentations
Robert Half Finance & Accounting, the world's leader in specialized financial staffing, provides exciting full-time opportunities in the areas of accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more. We pioneered the professional staffing industry, and we've been successfully matching professionals with employers since 1948. Our proven proprietary processes, along with our relationships in 325 locations worldwide, allow us to provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. But don't take our word for it. Our company has appeared on Fortune® magazine's list of "World's Most Admired Companies" since 1998, and 9 out of 10 of our customers would recommend our service to a colleague.
Apply for this job now or contact our nearest office at 844.539.2523 for additional information.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2018 Robert Half Finance & Accounting. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans
Req ID: 00900-0010439197
Functional Role: Accountant - Staff
Postal Code: 30309
Compensation: $50,000.00 to $65,000.00 per year
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting required
- 2+ years' experience in basic accounting processes, including general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, budgeting, reconciliation, and month-end closing.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Dynamics and Excel a must
- Hospitality or Restaurant accounting experience beneficial If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your formal and confidential resume to Kristen.Stough@RobertHalf.com.